Monday, June 27, 2011

A Week In London & Ireland

As we have found out WiFi around Europe is a bit spotty, the Ipad picks up a signal but only for a lil bit and the only Internet cafe's are in the big towns so can't update as much as I hoped but oh well that's life!! So I did have every intention on updating on London and how amazing and actually affordable it is...but that is just going to have to wait. The moment we set foot in Ireland I have been absolutely blown away so must say I feel the need to talk about that first. Both Ty and I were extremely excited to come to Ireland because that is a good part of our heritage, and for me personally I couldn't wait cause this would be the first stop where I really didn't know my way around so in my mind our European adventure really started here.
We decided to get a rental car and discover Ireland on our own terms and I have to say hands down it was one of the best (and most affordable) decisions to make. From the moment we got out of Dublin you could see nothing but lush green rolling hills, a sky that seemed to go on forever and historic towns built WAY before America was ever started. Also around every hour or so we would pass a random castle that would make you have to pull off and gawk in awe. It was AMAZING! When we got hungry we pulled into a beautiful town called Abbyliex and had the best Irish dinner and for super cheap cause it was a little place in a small town (best way to go) and I was extremely excited cause when I was 20 I went to Dublin and the food was shit...however I was young and broke so I think that had a big impact on the places I chose to dine back then. Anyways we drove till it became dark, which was 11pm...seriously we got to see the beauty of Ireland till almost midnight!!! Then pulled into a lodge and slept in the car. Like I said we are not as broke as I was back when I was here a while ago but if we can save $60 bucks to spend on site seeing or a fabulous dinner we will make some sacrifices ;-)

The next day we made our way into Blarney/Cork and went on a personal tour to see as many churches as possible. I am not very religious but to walk into some of these AMAZING buildings you can't help but become a little more inspired.
We then made our way to the world famous Blarney Castle to roam around and climb our way to the top to kiss the one and only Blarney Stone. I must give myself a little pat on the back for that one, it was 300 feet high, to kiss the stone you must get on your back, hold on to a rail and jet your upper body over the 300 foot drop to kiss the stone...no shit, I almost peed my pants. But the girl who is extremely scared of heights did it and now (according to the legend) has Irish luck on her side...who hoo!!! It really wa an amazing experience, pics on Facebook soon!

Finally Ty worked his magic and somehow found a room at the Blarney Golf RESORT for only 40 euros so we got to actually have a room with a bed larger then a single and had a bath tub...I was in heaven!! If you see what we have had to stay in and will have to stay in the rest of this trip you would understand ;-) Ok off to see The Jamison factory and go up North to Ennis!!!
Cheers for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment