Friday, June 24, 2011

Backpacking Europe in 50 Days: London, England

First off I would like to say I am new to this blogging thing so expect run on sentences and several curse words...just forewarning ;-) Anyways we decided to take a different approach Europe, one we are def not comfortable with. Instead of making plans or reservations we are literally going to the train/airport picking where we want to go next then booking the hotel (or in many cases hostel). This whole summer we will literally be flying by the seat of our pants. But hey sometimes you need to do things that scare you in order to grow, so this summer is about living life to the fullest and we fully plan on doing so!!

Ok first stop London England. We have spent the past 2 1/2 days going nonstop and somehow I think we have covered most of the city...which should be a freakin record! This is officially my third time in London and I must say it is the shortest but also the best. First time I was 13 and going through that whole fun "I'm pissed off at the world thing" cause you know kids from Springboro had it so hard...yes looking back someone should have smacked me. So needless to say really getting into the fun of England was uncool so I was a little shit. Second time I spent a semester right off London in a town called Reading right around when I was 20. It was a lot of fun but 1) I was extremely broke so I lived off Ramen Noodles and Guinness (yum) and really couldn't go anywhere cause we had classes Mon-Thur. However on the weekends we would travel as a group around some places in Europe and England. Lots of fun but again we were broke so we all would have to stay in either Hostels or the Red Light District and we almost got arrested twice for being what I like to call "stupid Americans" ahhh the memories!!!

This time around we still don't have a lot of $$ but I am happy to share this amazing adventure with my wonderful hubby and I know we will have the time of our lives!!! Crap,  we are sitting in the downstairs of a tiny little internet cafe and I only have 5 minutes till I get kicked off their computer so I will update next time on all we did in London. Don't worry I have ADD so I understand the need to cut out mindless details. Just bullet points of places and whether they were worth it or not. Also I swear that I have a sign on me that says crazy people and situations come here...so I know this summer is going to be one interesting adventure...and will make sure to document!

Cheers!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment